Background & Research Objectives
Overall Objectives of the ProjectThe Project aims at achieving the following innovations for Hyderabad and its region:
- To develop a Sustainable Development Framework (SDF) which focuses on mitigation and adaptation strategies for climate change and energy provision as well as efficiency concepts.
- Based on that, to design a strategy for a Perspective Action Plan (PAP), focussing on the resolution of these problems, including related core issues concerning nutrition and environment.
- To implement selected Pilot Projects at the community level and organise learning processes for their adoption by setting up appropriate institutions and governance structures.
- To develop a specific knowledge and data base regarding climate change, mitigation and adjustment opportunities, energy efficiency and bio-energy in the Hyderabad region;
- To formulate a “Sustainable Development Framework” (SDF) for the greater Hyderabad region with priority on mitigation and adjustment strategies regarding climate change;
- To foster generation and application of local knowledge on these sustainability, in particular for improving the knowledge and data base to initiate institutional innovation and governance reforms that support these objectives;
- To come up with a “Sustainable Urban Food and Health System” to meet the nutritional and health demands of the growing population of Hyderabad and to cope with the adverse effects of climate change and increasing energy scarcity on nutrition and health;
- To design institutional and policy solutions for “Sustainable Environmental Management”, focussing on climate and energy in urban and peri-urban regions of Hyderabad;
- To develop strategies of communication and co-operation which adequately and sensitively address gender issues;
- To formulate a PAP based on energy efficiency, mitigation and adaptation strategies for climate change with special reference to food, bio-energy, health and environmental management and to set up selected Pilot Projects;
- To secure adoption of the PAP by politicians, agencies, groups and firms by using the communication and co-operation mechanisms and capacity building measures developed;
- To document and disseminate the Project’s findings and to organise learning processes.